Thursday, April 22, 2010

279

279: Number of days I have been pregnant
39 & 6: Number of weeks & days I have been pregnant
9 & 3/4: Number of months I have been pregnant
1: Day left before my due date
6: Realistic number of days left in in my pregnancy

Either way you look at it, I've been pregnant a long freakin' time! Although I know it's not any longer than most women, when it's your body, it seems like a long time. Why do "they" say women are pregnant for nine months when it's really 10?

This morning, I was getting ready for my doctor appointment and in a very optimistic mood. Our bags have been packed and ready for a few weeks now. The only items missing are those that will have to wait until last minute such as toothbrush, makeup, deodorant, etc. So, before the doctor appointment, I packed the remaining items and loaded the bags into the car. I was sure something would happen either during the appointment or while I was running errands after. My optimism failed me.

My doctor told me I haven't had any change in the past two weeks. I'm still only dilated to 2 cm and 50% effaced. She said she would be surprised if I progressed on my own...although I could surprise her by coming in with my water broken. She scheduled me to be induced on Wednesday night. Nick and I will check into the hospital Wednesday night at 8 p.m. I will have a pill inserted that will soften my cervix, sleep through the night (if we aren't too anxious), and then start pitocin in the morning. At least I have a deadline in my head. I'm disappointed but having a set date helps.

I have joked that I have an uber cozy womb and Sienna just isn't ready to leave. My other theory is that Sienna is shy like I was as a child (I know, hard to imagine, right?) and isn't ready to meet all the people who are anxiously waiting to meet her. Either way, here I am...still pregnant.

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Last night our "American" phone rang, and when Nick answered it I started shrieking, "IS IT NICK?! IS ASHLEY IN LABOR?!" No dice. Ah well. Wednesday is marked on our calendar!

As for being late, I totally feel your pain, my friend! Kate was 4 days late and Ella was a whopping 14 days late. I wouldn't wish that on ANYONE, especially you. :)

Sometimes it's rough having such a hospitable womb. Fingers crossed that water breaks SOON! Lots of love from across the pond!